Work started on GlotPress 3.0 back in July 2017 with a proposal I posted and while the road to a release has been long and winding, our destination is finally in sight.
This post is to reset the 3.0 release schedule and deliver a release to that schedule. During last weeks (Oct. 11, 2018) office hours, a proposed timeline was agreed upon:
- December 6th, 2018 – Beta
- December 13th, 2018 – Release Candidate
- December 20th, 2018 – Final Release
Which leaves approximately 6 weeks of development time to land the remaining PR’s, which include:
- Locale Variants (PR #747)
- Comment Fields (PR #804)
- CLDR Support (PR #784)
- Term Filter Scope Options (PR #936)
- Display Glossary Terms On Preview Rows (PR #932)
- Fix NL and TAB Character Handling In Originals (PR #928)
- Add Filter Count For Custom Filters (PR #926)
The current list and status of 3.0 issues and pull requests is available on GitHub and feel free to drop by our Slack channel during our weekly office hours (or any other time) if you have any questions or input to these or anything else.
GlotPress 3.0 will introduce several significant features and we encourage everyone to try out the beta when it is released, especially those that have built plugins or custom themes as both may require changes to be compatible with the release.