It’s now 3 years after “Bunsen Honeydew”, the first GlotPress as a WordPress plugin version, has been released. Since (and before) this date a lot has been achieved to make GlotPress an easy and powerful open source tool to help translators collaborate.
Some highlights:It’s time to hand over the leadership reins…
- 24 releases for the plugin version with the help of 43 contributors.
- Improved code base to better align with WordPress core to invite new contributors.
- Enhanced glossaries including support for per locale glossaries.
- Fruitful discussions and exploring of a new design.
- Fine-tuned editor settings with more keyboard shortcuts and the ability to mark strings as fuzzy.
- Customizability through the introduction of new hooks and WP-CLI support.
- The switch to the plugin on translate.wordpress.org, the largest public installation of GlotPress, and currently 400+ active self-hosted installs.