The office hours are held every Tuesday at 17:00 UTC in the #glotpress channel of the WordPress Slack team.
Attendees: @gregross, @swissspidy, @samuelsidler, @sergey, @petya, @ocean90
- Office hours are starting again. @ocean90 is back from his job as Release Lead for WordPress.
- @gregross mentioned that 2.2 has been pushed a couple of times so a new release date is needed.
- The milestone for 2.2 has been reviewed:
- Focus of 2.2: An improved scripts/styles handling and some other bug fixes.
- Global glossaries require more discussion and have been punted.
- Low prio schema changes have been punted.
- @gregross has worked on a PR for an uninstall routine.
- The idea remains in the milestone but the PR needs some improvements like OOP.
- A new schedule for 2.2 has been defined:
- September 14th, 2016 Beta 1
- September 21st, 2016 RC 1
- September 28th, 2016 Final
- For the next releases @ocean90 proposed to try 2 month cycles. Each release should have one focus on which all contributors can work on.
- A possible roadmap defines such focuses:
- x+1: Global/master glossaries and ‘Translation_Query‘
- x+3: REST API
- x+4: Theme/Templates/Design
- x+5: Notes/Comments/Reject with feedback
- The reason why design is after the REST API: An UI (React, AngularJS, etc) which is powered by the REST API. 💥 Goals would be to enhance mobile experience and less page reloads.
- It was mentioned that the ‘Tested up to’ for GlotPress needs to be updated on https://wordpress.org/plugins/glotpress/.
- The old GlotPress Trac is now read-only. All development happens on the GitHub repo.
- @petya will talk to Marko about https://twitter.com/glotpress so the team can use it.
If you couldn’t attend the office hours, feel free to leave a comment here or in #glotpress and let us know what you think about some of topics or if you’d like to see something else discussed.
See you next week!